An exciting new vacancy has arisen for a Senior Engineer to join one of the leading gate automation and security companies in the United Kingdom. They supply and service high security gates, barriers and access control systems.
Due to year on year growth our client is seeking a gates and barriers engineer with an electro-mechanical background with some experience in a service and maintenance role. It’s a workshop and field-based service role.
- Assembly of gates and control panels
- Carrying out the repair as per the check sheet and ensure it is completed and equipment is working efficiently.
- Immediately report to the office regarding any defects or issues that are considered unsafe or dangerous.
- Liaise with customers on site regarding the work to be undertaken, referring to instructions on the worksheet.
- Accurately complete all service-related reports and submit them to the office.
- Offer competent technical assistance when required.
- When required, carry out fault diagnosis and accurately identify components which are faulty.
- Weld repair gates when required, including fabricating plates to suit.
- Update the office after each customer visit is completed.
- Ensure the stock of parts on the service van are kept up to the correct levels and rotate as appropriate.
- Ensure the compliance of company procedures, such as Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality for all areas under your direct control.
- Housekeeping of all elements including premises, people, equipment, and vehicles to the highest possible standard in order to portray a professional image.
- You must have an electro-mechanical background and ideally hold a relevant qualification (mechanical, electrical or electronic).
- Strong technical background with the ability to fault find, diagnose and carry out repairs.
- Display a proactive, can-do attitude within the organisation, with a culture of right first time and ownership of problems.
- Experience is an advantage, but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Willing to travel within the South East.
£30,000 - £34,000 + overtime + company van + training