Senior Installation/Commissioning Engineer
Our client are a well-established security company, based in the Midlands, who specialise in the integration of CCTV and Access control. They have their own access control product which has recently seen a complete upgrade. As a result, the company are seeing a new phase of growth, so are looking for an experienced installation/commissioning engineer to take on this new opening as a Senior engineer for the team.
You will work closely with the Installation Manager to co-ordinate and manage the day to day site activities and be responsible for all project changes. Managing on site engineers/sub-contractors during the installation phase and assist with commissioning of electronic security systems.
· Undertake installation, commissioning and maintenance of electronic security systems when required to NSI Gold standards.
· Install access control systems ranging from small systems (up to 5 doors) to large (100 + doors), install the access control hardware and software, commission the access control system then provide customer system training.
· Verify the detailed accuracy of equipment specifications at the “pre-installation” stage.
· Develop and manage site specific method statements and risk assessments where necessary and ensure that Health and Safety requirements are upheld.
· Engage with client early in specification stage to help them refine requirements and to enable better project preparation.
· Assist with technical design at sales stage when required.
· Liaise with customers and contractors at a local / site level.
· Supervise sub-contractors effectively.
· Ensure that systems are properly tested and commissioned to NSI Gold standards and assist in the production of O&M documentation.
· Ensure that customers receive appropriate and adequate training and maximise customer satisfaction.
· Assist in maximising company profits.
· 5 years’ experience within the electronic security industry at senior engineer level.
· Prior experience of managing large scale electronic security projects from start to finish.
· Experienced with all areas of complex access control, CCTV and intruder systems.
· Experience installing Enterprise level access control systems, installing access control software, commissioning access control systems, providing customer system training on access control.
· A broad technical IT knowledge, i.e. installing software/applications, networking and confident with Microsoft Excel/Word packages.
· Knowledge of basic electrical principals.
· Highly motivated with an excellent attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to manage several complex tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
· Practical and hands on approach to delivering outcomes.
· Self-motivation and self-sufficiency, with excellent time management skills and ability to manage a demanding workload and conflicting priorities.
· Ability to learn new information quickly and keep up with changing products and processes.
· The ability to communicate effectively and professionally, with the confidence to build working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
· A logical approach to problem solving and the ability to generate ideas and solutions.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbally.
· Willingness to travel nationwide and stay overnight when required.
· 5 years checkable work history and able to pass relevant security checks.
£30 - 32,000 + Over time, travel pay, car / allowance + 25 days holiday + benefits (£40-£45k OTE) Laptop, phone, iPad.
South – Ideal location along the M1 corridor. Northampton, Luton.