This national company is seeking a reactive Fire Service Engineer to join their team to cover the Birmingham and West Midlands area. This role would suit someone who has a strong focus on fire alarms and ideally also with security experience in CCTV, networking, emergency lighting, door entry and warden call systems. Solid contracts across the country for service and maintenance across housing associations, healthcare and town centres.
The Role and Responsibilities
As a service engineer you will be expected to carry out all engineering duties as follows:
- Excellent fault finding ability to service a variety of fire and security systems.
- Effective customer service which is reliable, professional and leaves a great impression.
- You will be required to ensure all relevant paperwork is completed.
- The willingness to learn and upskill your knowledge where necessary.
- 3 -5 years industry experience in a service engineering role.
- A working knowledge of a variety of fire alarms panels to include Gent, Notfier, Advanced, Morley, Kentec, C-tec, Twinflex.
- A good understanding of the British standards, and FIA units and/or relevant qualifications.
- Ideally have experience in maintaining the following door entry and warden call equipment: BPT,GDX, Telefusion, Status, PAC, Paxton, Tynetec, Tunstall.
- Advantageous to have a working knowledge of large scale CCTV systems however this will be a fire biased role.
- The willingness to learn and be at the highest standard. Training courses are provided where needed as part of learning and development plans which are put in place for each engineer depending on the support and training they require. There is plenty of official manufacture training available as well as internal training days.
Benefits include travel time, over time, fully expensed vehicle (car or van), 23 days holiday, laptop, phone and the working hours are 8.30am – 5.30pm.