The Senior Service Engineer is responsible for problem solving and carrying out system repairs on door entry, CCTV and access control. In addition, the provision of training and support to maintenance engineers where required. The engineer will also carry out site surveys and provide assistance on new maintenance contracts, small works upgrades and new installations.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years’ experience in the door entry sector. The experience should be broad in range and cover large to medium size projects with various types of installations.
- The candidate should be trained to and acceptable level on all disciplines.
- They should have a good idea of the working at height regulations and have current roof top training certificates.
- They should understand the different types of door entry, CCTV and access control systems and be able to fault find in a methodical way.
- Good understanding of CCTV, access control and intercom systems.
- Good understanding of analogue and digital systems.
- IP conversant and able to fault find on networks.
- Understanding of ping and other network diagnostic tools.
- Able to implement an IP range and implement subnets.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out preventative routine maintenance visits, provide diagnostics/solutions and repairs on reactive breakdown call-outs. Quality control checks to be completed and feedback provided on jobs and surveys to ensure that systems comply and are maintained to the required regulatory standards.
- Any poor workmanship or materials to be highlighted and addressed to maintain regulatory standards.
- Quotes and surveys to be carried out in accordance with requests from the Sales team or the Maintenance Manager.
- Onsite training to be provided to both customers and existing or new engineering base.
- Liaise with component and equipment manufacturers and retailers to evaluate best solutions.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times and establish good customer relations to promote the company image.
- To take part in the out of working hours callout rota.
- Work to policies delivered by the Maintenance Manager/Operations Director.
- Ensure all company paperwork and electronic PDA device are updated and accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain company assets in good condition including materials, tools, equipment and vehicle.
- Effective interaction with the service desk, engineers and Maintenance Manager to ensure the best level of service is maintained at all times.
- Create sales leads and opportunities to encourage growth of the business and any other duties in line with the role and delivery of service.